Department Of Commerce(Self), Al Ameen College, Edathala, in association with IIC, IEDC conducted a workshop titled Emotional Intelligence for Your Goals on 11th and 12th July 2023 for the 3rd year BCom students of Alameen College, Edathala. The resource person was Mrs.Nedheya Baby, certified international trainer, and coach. The workshop aimed to enhance the students’ understanding and application of emotional intelligence in achieving their personal and professional goals. Here is a summary of the workshop:
– The workshop commenced with an introduction to emotional intelligence and its significance in personal growth and success.
– Nedheya Baby, a renowned expert in emotional intelligence, delivered an engaging session that combined interactive discussions, activities, and real-life examples.
2. Understanding Emotional Intelligence:
– The workshop focused on explaining the core components of emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, social skills, and motivation.
– Nedheya Baby emphasized the importance of emotional intelligence in various aspects of life, such as building relationships, making informed decisions, managing stress, and fostering a positive work environment.
3. Emotional Intelligence for Goal Achievement:
– The focus of the workshop was on harnessing emotional intelligence to set and achieve personal and professional goals effectively.
– Strategies for developing self-awareness and understanding personal strengths and weaknesses were discussed, enabling students to align their goals with their values and aspirations.
4. Self-Regulation and Emotional Resilience:
– The workshop delved into the significance of self-regulation in managing emotions and responding to challenging situations constructively.
– Students learned practical techniques for regulating their emotions, including mindfulness, stress management, and positive self-talk.
5. Empathy and Effective Communication:
– The importance of empathy in building meaningful connections and fostering positive relationships was emphasized.
– Students participated in activities that promoted empathy and active listening skills, enabling them to understand others’ perspectives and communicate effectively.
6. Motivation and Goal Setting:
– Strategies for enhancing intrinsic motivation and maintaining focus on long-term goals were discussed.
– Nedheya Baby guided the students in setting SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals and developing action plans to achieve them.
7. Application and Practical Exercises:
– The workshop included interactive exercises, role plays, and group discussions to allow students to apply the concepts of emotional intelligence to real-life scenarios.
– Students were encouraged to share their experiences and seek guidance on specific challenges they faced in achieving their goals.
8. Conclusion and Feedback:
– The workshop concluded with a summary of the key takeaways and a reflection on the importance of emotional intelligence in personal and professional success.
– Students were invited to provide feedback on the workshop, which was overwhelmingly positive, highlighting the engaging delivery style, practical strategies shared, and relevance to their lives.
No. of Participants: 59
Outcome of the programme: Guidance for preparing SMART goals, building stronger and to relationships , for achieving career and personal goals.