DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
The objective of microbiology Practicals is to equip the students with the usage of microbiology media test systems and lab equipments and to impart knowledge of the basic principles of bacteriology, virology, mycology and parasitology.
- Autoclave:A pressure chamber used to carry out industrial and scientific processes requiring elevated temperature and pressure different from ambient air pressure.
- Microwave oven: Electric oven that heats specimen by exposing it to electromagnetic radiation in the microwave frequency range.
- Shaking incubator: An apparatus used to control the environment to culture and grow bacteria and hatching eggs artificially or to provide a stable environment for a reaction.
- Laminar air flow chamber: Used to prevent contamination of semiconductor wafers, biological samples or any particle sensitive device.
- Compound light microscope: An instrument used to see things not visible to the naked eye
- Petri dish: Holds specimen for observation and growth cultures.
- Water bath: Heats items up to a specific temperature and keeps it at that temperature.