Department of English of Al Ameen college conducted a 2 hours Mobile journalism course on 9 of April 2021 inorder to enhance the video recording and editing aptitude of the our students. Over 85 students of our department took part in the program. The session held in between 5pm to 7 pm. Our educator was Seethal George, Assistant Professor, Al Ameen College. In association with the course we conducted a citizen journalism competition. 6 groups participated the competition and Sahala Farsana and Bazila of 2nd BA English secure the 1 prize. The jury of the program was Famous Journalists of Media Industry they are
- Eldho Paul Puthussery of 24 news
- Anjitha Ashok of Media One
- Alwin kurushummoottil of Media One
Area Explained in the course
- Capture effective and better video.
- Understand social media communication.
- Mobile phone camera and its intricacies for making videos.
- Lighting, Sound and quick editing through editing app
- Video program production stages
- Students create individual video stories using the editing soft wares introduced in the class.
- Students start to create videos after completing the whole stages of production.
- It helps them to know their mobile camera to a professional one.