College was established in the year 1981 with four Pre Degree batches affiliated to University of Kerala under the aegis of Al Ameen Education Trust .
College got affiliation in Mahatma Gandhi University,Kottayam
B.Com Programme was introduced
B.Sc. Chemistry(Model III) Petro Chemicals Programme was introduced
B.A. Economics – (Model – II Vocational ) Insurance was started
B.Sc. Physics (Model – II Vocational) Computer Application was introduced.
M.Com( Finance &Taxation) Programme was introduced
New Academic block is opened
- B.Sc. Biotechnology and B.Sc. MLT courses started under self-financing stream.
- Started separate hostels for men and women
- Permanent affiliation sanctioned by M.G. University.
- M.Sc. Physics and B.Com (Model II-Vocational) Computer Application programmes were started under self-financing stream.
Inclusion of the college under section 2 (F) and section 12(B) of the UGC Act.
Awarded Minority Educational Institution status by Govt. of India.
Started BTS and BA (Model III-Vocational) Communicative English under self- financing stream.
- Started M.Sc Mathematics (Aided Stream)
- Started B.Sc Computer Science (Self Financing)
- Started Add-on-Courses on Holistic Yoga Therapy and Office Management with Tally Accounting
Started B. C. A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications) under Self Financing stream.
1. Started B.B.A (Bachelor of Business Administration) under Self Financing stream
2. College was accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Started IGNOU study Centre.
Started B. Voc. (Sound Engineering Course) – UGC Sponsored.